Saturday, December 18, 2010

Heal

There has been a divine work of grace in this frail life. I was born in sin, and in sin my mother conceived me. No goodness possessed, even from childhood, only depravity and darkness.

 

But the light of grace was sent as a burning sign upon me. I am marked. Chosen for redemption, by merit not my own, but by the infinite worth of he who bore the fullness of my transgression in love, declaring me to be right and blameless, Jesus Christ.

 

רָפָא

 

  Rapha'. Hebrew, to heal, to repair. As Elijah repaired the Lord's altar, so the Lord has repaired my broken life. Healed cracks, mended tears. Purified, as a refining blaze melts and separates for itself pure gold.

 

Oh, such mercy has captivated my eyes! He has healed my eyes, " Turn my eyes away from worthless things; preserve my life according to your word.", he has renewed my mind to dwell in purity, he has restored my ears to hear his song.

 

What power and strength in this cleansing work of the master! A turning of my eyes from corruption, to the incorruptible, a transformation of my mind, from deathly dullness to sharp true-ness and direction, a replacement of my heart of stone with a beating, breathing core of life and warmth.

 

“Therefore say: ‘This is what the Sovereign LORD says: I will gather you from the nations and bring you back from the countries where you have been scattered, and I will give you back the land of Israel again.’

 

 “They will return to it and remove all its vile images and detestable idols. I will give them an undivided heart and put a new spirit in them; I will remove from them their heart of stone and give them a heart of flesh. Then they will follow my decrees and be careful to keep my laws. They will be my people, and I will be their God."

No comments:

Post a Comment