Monday, September 13, 2010

An aged reflection (7/7/09)

It was a new beginning, new life. All was committed to heaven, strength of promise, trust in providence, dedication and penitence ruled the cyclical chaos.

 

He saw a surface, much reflected. Through the ripples, translucency betrayed depths, dangers and treasures undiscovered. He knew desire to search and know, though odds and circumstance forbade miracle. Nevertheless, clarity could come with dare. But would the sight shimmer with soliloquy, or dance with dream? Time would tell, or fate forsake. Coincidence would cure, destiny would demand.

 

He committed mind relentlessly to call, fled distraction and secured hope, though he knew all could be lost in patience and forgotten from activity. Those reckless steps were ordered and insanity counseled, and crippled, he crumbled to the armada of awareness.

 

 

In light of all that was sworn, I saw a divide. My promises turned and split integrity, bereft of mercy. Were it simply hope lost, I would stagger and find strength to win it again. But this pierced a heart so longing for truth, that it all but drained the fickle joy away and left no recourse but sweet bitterness. I was torn between rising on heights of chance and wings of smile, or sinking into obscurity by lost presence.

 

It was as if the profound had vanished amid chaos, the meaningful grew thin, to break and disappear altogether. All I knew was tossed and in a void of doubt. Though my foundation stayed strong, my platform was shaken and body convulsed in the pain of reality.

 

Separation grew, feeding itself as I looked on in helpless dread and anger, knowing the truth had been warped by perspective. Vision was failing, wisdom skewed. Darkness crept close once more as I fled to intangible shelters of sword and spirit. But once safe, I looked back and beheld the distance lost.

 

Oh, a moment of clarity, when destiny focused and plan fulfilled. It was a completeness born of trial, wholeness transformed from loss, fullness of singularity. I strained to glimpse the man standing in that light, he stood ascended through it all, rose to call, fixed on destination. He turned not, leaving tear or grin to mystery.

 

And I wonder in pain, if I turned my back on him.

 

I tried to see.

 

That gaze once fixed would never sway, constant and true. Once vision set, it could only be forced away by the focus itself.

 

A day for a star’s fall awaited, a wish each night witnessing afar the sparkle and glow of dream and hope. In sad contrast, the helpless realization that each breath or blink could mean loss of chance to capture that light, and guide it home.

 

Sleep would come, closing heart from incandescence, dreams canceled by starting down another empty road. Grace was the only light to walk by, pale by all he left behind. A time never known to awake again, blind trust would have to raise him from gray fields of the lost.

No comments:

Post a Comment